Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Loving My Cold Travel Cup

I’m one of those people who gets thirsty a lot. This results in me stopping to buy drinks while I’m out. That can get expensive real fast. Just one 20 oz bottle of whatever drink each day adds up to over $40 a month. By planning ahead and eliminating those extra drinks I can easily save over $480.00 a year. Not a bad return for a little bit of effort.


I’m not someone who can just not get a drink when I’m thirsty. And I know that if I’m out for more than 20 minutes or so I’m going to get thirsty. So I purchased an insulated reusable cup at Starbucks and I carry that with me pretty much everywhere. I love it. The cup is even dishwasher safe which is a big plus in my book. It did cost $14.95, but I’ve had it for over a month now and I figure I’ve already saved way more than the cost of the cup. As I’m heading out the door I just make sure that I fill up my cup with either water of homemade iced tea and I’m good to go. If I need another drink while we’re out I look for a water fountain or just fill it with tap water.

My reusable cup definitely works for me. To find out what works for others, head over to Works For Me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family. There are always some great tips over there, so check it out.

2 responses:

mub said...

I haven't seen an insulated cup like this before, what a great idea!

April was in CA now MA said...

I just started making my own iced coffee at home and thought how neat would it be to find a cup just like this..then I saw your post! I had no idea something like this existed. Then I did a search and they're hard to find and selling for $40 EACH on eBay! If I ever find one I'm snatching it up because it's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for sharing!