Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lily Love




I love the smell of Oriental Lilies. The Stargazer and Mona Lisa lilies are my absolute favorites. So when we moved into our house six years ago I wound up planting a bunch of these lilies near the front door and kitchen window. I love that you can smell them as you're walking into the house and whenever you open the kitchen windows. It's a small thing, but it's also something that makes me smile whenever I come home.

For those of you that don't want to spend a lot of money, look for these bulbs on sale in the fall, or, better yet, ask a friend who has some if they would be willing to share. After these bulbs have been in for a few years they should start to multiply so you will have even more to spread around your yard or to give away to friends.

For more Things I Love Thursday, head over to the The Diaper Diaries.

3 responses:

Nashville TV Show said...

Those are beautiful!! Lilies are just gorgeous in arrangements, but even prettier just growing like that:)

Niki Jolene said...

I just adore lilies! In my yard I have Stella de Oro and Tiger lilies. Each year I plan to add more varieties. They are just gorgeous and I love clipping them and bringing them into my home.

:)

Laura said...

Beautiful lilies!