Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Works For Me - Presto Pizzaz Pizza Oven

Normally I'm not one to go out and buy a "specialty" kitchen appliance like this, but I received the Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven as a gift about three years ago. At first I was a little leery of having an appliance taking up space in my kitchen that is only good for heating up pizza. Well, this thing can do so much more then that. I use it to make pizzas (of course), quesadillas, melts and even cookies once. I wasn't crazy about how the cookies turned out, but everything else cooks up beautifully.


To use the pizza oven you simply place whatever you're cooking onto the round tray. The tray rotates so that all portions of the food get time under the heating element. There are top and bottom heating elements and you have the ability to cook with just one or both of them. There are instructions with the oven for cooking the various types of pizza and how long with which elements, but for everything else you will have to do some trial and error.

The Presto Pizzaz Pizza Oven is pretty easy to store. The tray comes off for easy cleaning and storage. I keep the tray with my other baking sheets and the base of the unit gets stored on a shelf on my bakers rack. After three years the non-stick tray has a few scrapes on it, but it is still working. My husband is starting to worry though because we use this so much that we don't want to be without it if something happens. And since we're so frugal we don't want to pay full price for it either. I'm sure that whenever that day comes we'll figure out something.
Keep in mind that just because an appliance says it for this one thing, that doesn't mean that you can't use it for other things. Be creative and keep an open mind.

For more Works For Me Wednesday, head over to Rocks In My Dryer.

5 responses:

Tiffany said...

I have seen these and wondered if they work. Now I know. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, hubby sees this all the time and has been wanting to try it!

Thank you for stopping by as well!

John and Lisa said...

I have wondered about these too! Thanks for sharing your experience. (And thanks for stopping by my way too.)

Sarah said...

When I saw these at the store I had the same reservations. Thanks for sharing your experience with it, I may have to give it a second look!

maria said...

I have never seen this one before, will have to check this for a gift for my son and his wife.

Maria