Saturday, February 21, 2009

Grocery Shopping This Week

So far this weekend I've hit three grocery stores and we still need milk. I know, I know, I said I was only going to go to one store a week, but I couldn't resist the triple coupons at Super Fresh and the Weis was right around the corner, and well, you get the idea.

Friday night I decided to hit Super Fresh to take advantage of their triple coupons up to $0.99. (Note: this is only running through Monday) They were already sold out of most of the stuff I wanted, but here is what I did get:

  • Red Seedless grapes $1.20 (on sale for $0.99/lb)
  • 2 Packs Shady Brooks Farm Ground Turkey $6.00 (Sale 2 for $6)
  • Friendship Cottage Cheese $2.00
  • Friendship Sour Cream $2.00
  • Del Monte No Salt Diced Tomatoes $1.39
  • Simply Orange with Pineapple $3.00
  • Total Before Coupons = $15.59

Coupons:

  • Del Monte No Salt Tomatoes $1.39 ($0.55 tripled to item price)
  • Friendship cottage cheese/sour cream $1.00 on 2
  • Simply Orange $1.00

Total Spent at Super Fresh $12.20 - This was a little more then I wanted to spend, but I needed the sour cream. I was hoping to get the Daisy, but they were sold out of it. On the first day of their sale. Big surprise, that seems to be the norm around here. Put out a few of the free items and they're gone early the first day of the sale and too bad for everyone else. By the way, I got the last can of the Del Monte tomatoes. I could have gotten another one free if they would have had it.

I also stopped at Weis Friday night since it is literally right around the corner from Super Fresh. I wanted to get some of the Heluva Good cheese that was on sale 2 for $4 since I had coupons to match up with it. But again, they were sold out of the flavors I liked, I did manage to get two extra sharp, but I prefer the sharp or even jack.

Today, against my better judgement, I decided to stop at Safeway. My recent experiences there have left a lot to be desired, but I decided to go for it since they're doubling coupons up to $0.99. I will say that it went much better then my last few visits although I did still have to stop at Customer Service to get them to correct the price on an item. They always have something ring up a few dollars too high. Anyway, here is what I picked up at Safeway:

  • Banana Nut Cheerios $3.49
  • Ragu Spaghetti Sauce $8.91 ($0.99 * 9 jars)
  • Mango Juice $1.59
  • Muir Glen Stewed Tomatoes $4.98 ($2.49 * 2)
  • Muir Glen Tomato Paste $3.10 ($1.55 * 2)
  • Cottonelle Ultra 24 pack $15.99
  • Cascade Crystal Clear Rinse $9.98 ($4.99 * 2)
  • Jello Sugar Free Rice Pudding $3.50
  • Horizon Single Serve Milk $3.58 ($1.79 *2)
  • Windex Antibacterial $3.50
  • Colgate Weekly Clean Toothpaste $2.49
  • Red Delicious Apples $0.94 ($0.99/lb)
  • Yellow Sweet Onions $1.35 ($1.00/lb)
  • Bosc Pears $1.95 ($1.00/lb)
  • Broccoli Crowns $1.47 ($0.99/lb)
  • Fresh Express Salad $1.00
  • Total Before Coupons $67.82

Coupons Used

  • Banana Nut Cheerios $1.50 ($0.75 doubled)
  • Ragu $3.00 ($1.00 on 3 * 3 coupons)
  • Muir Glen $6.00 ($0.75 doubled * 4 coupons)
  • Cottonelle $6.00 (catalina coupon)
  • Cascade Rinse $9.98 (2 free coupons from Home Made Simple)
  • Jello Sugar Free Rice Pudding $3.50 (free coupon from Kraft First Taste)
  • Windex $1.10 ($0.55 doubled)
  • Colgate Weekly Clean $3.99 (free coupon from Vocalpoint, the cashier keyed in the regular price instead of the sale price)
  • Safeway $5.00 off $50.00 coupon from my Entertainment book

Total spent at Safeway $27.75 + tax. My coupons saved me over $40. Yeah! All in all I was happy with my trip to Safeway. I'm still not crazy about their customer service or policies, but I did well enough there this week that I would go there again if the deals were right.

This weekend I spent $47.29 on groceries which leaves me $32.71 in my weekly grocery budget. Since I still need milk and didn't get much meat that is pretty good.

Oh, and the picture is from Safeway today. They had samples of the Right Way pudding out and my daughter rather enjoyed the chocolate pudding. She and hubby naturally stopped to sample while I was shopping.

Edit: I just realized that I received three $2.00 catalinas for the Ragu I purchased at Safeway. That means that all my spaghetti sauce was FREE! I love it. Now I have to decide if I want to go back and get more since I do still have a couple coupons.

0 responses: