Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fridge Clean Out Time

In our family, every other Friday night is game night. We get together, have dinner and play games. Well, this past Friday was my turn to host so I got to cook dinner. No problem, I had already planned to make Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones and I knew I had all the ingredients on hand.

Friday evening arrives, I get home from work and start preparing dinner. I get the meat cooked up and pull the pizza dough out of the fridge. That's when I notice that it's out of date. Well, if it was only a couple days out of date I would have used it, no big deal. However, it was a couple months out of date. So I wind up running to the closest grocery store and paying full price for new pizza dough. I did use a coupon, but that store doesn't double. Ridiculous. Anyway, that's when I decided that it was time to clean out the fridge. It also reminded me of why I don't shop at that grocery store.

In the top picture you can see the before picture of my fridge. Yes, it is packed full. As my husband says, I now spend less money on groceries and we have way more food. You gotta love coupons. I snapped this picture right after we got back from the grocery store and before I put anything away. I know, a sane person would have cleaned it out before going to the grocery store, but where's the fun in that.

I wound up pulling the food out and wiping down the shelves. Then, before I put any food back I checked the dates and then put it all back neatly. Now my fridge is much more organized. Although, looking at this picture it really is bugging me that the label on the cottage cheese isn't facing forward. Pardon me while I go fix that.

It felt so good getting the fridge cleaned out that I went ahead and continued on and cleaned the whole kitchen. Well, except for the freezer. I'm not up to tackling that right now. Maybe next week?

For more Tackle It Tuesdays, head over to 5 Minutes For Mom. For more Talk About It Tuesday, head over to The Lazy Organizer.

6 responses:

Dreamer said...

Oh, the fridge! I hate to even look in the back to see what's lurking in there! Good job.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love a nice clean fridge, but it is easy to let that job go neglected at times. I also love the idea of family game night with your extended family. Such a good tradition!

Susie said...

That's a great tackle!!

Lara said...

It feels so good to have a clean fridge! Good job!!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I have the opposite problem with my fridge, it's so empty!

Sonshine said...

Great tackle!

thanks for stopping by! :)