Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Shopping - February 22

This Sunday I decided to take it wasy on the shopping. I'm still not up to running around to all the drug stores to get all the deals. I did that for so long that it burned me out. This week I hadn't even planned on doing any shopping, but we were in depserate need of more infant Tylenol. Since that is something you do not want to run out of, we decided to go ahead and hit Target this weekend. Then, on Saturday I got my $5 Gift of Savings certificate in the mail from Rite Aid. I had completely forgotten about this. Since I had it I figured we would go spend it.

The picture doesn't include verything that I picked up at Target because I had already put some of the stuff away when I thought to snap the picture and I didn't feel like getting it back out. Anyway, here are the details of what I got at Target:

  • Diet Dr Pepper - free after coupon
  • 3 Johnsons Buddies Soap - free after coupons
  • 2 Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Scrubber Refills $4.88 after $3 on 2 coupon
  • Horizon milk singles 3 pack $1.89 after $1 coupon
  • 2 Horizon milk single $1.68 after 2 $0.25 coupon
  • 2 Silk Soy Milk half gallons $4.88 after $1 on 2 coupon
  • 3 Target Brand Infant "Tylenol" $8.97
  • 2 Reynolds Foil $3.58 after 2 $1.00 coupons
  • 2 Ceaser Dog Foods - Free after coupons (won in contest)
  • 9 Lives Free Cat Food - Free after coupon (direct mailed)

Total spent at Target was $26.44 which includes $1.39 in sales tax. My coupon savings were $19.06. I love coupons.

My Rite Aid trip was a much simpler trip. I picked up the shampoo because it was free after rebate and the m&m's were hubby's request. Here's the details for my trip:



  • Garnier Fructis Waves shampoo $1.99 after $1.00 coupon
  • 2 packs Easter M&M's $3.59 (BOGO Sale)
  • Used $5.00 Gift of Savings certificate
  • Out of pocket $0.68 which includes $0.10 sales tax
  • Rebate due of $2.99 for shampoo

My little trip to Rite Aid earned me $2.31. I love it when I can do that.

0 responses: