Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to Baking


This weekend I got a chance to do some baking for the first time in months. It felt so good to be back in the kitchen baking. I love cooking and baking, but I just haven't been finding time for anything but the basics since my daughter joined us. Well, I decided to make these Morning Glory Muffins on Saturday. I was completely shocked to discover that we were out of raisins, so I substituted dried cranberries. I also switched the amounts for the white and wheat flour. Other then that, I left the recipe as is.

Please note that this recipe makes 4 dozen muffins. You're supposed to be able to freeze them, but my freezer is full so that is not an option for us. These muffins are addictively delicious. So I had to get some of them out of the house, otherwise my daughter and I would wind up eating them all ourselves. You can see in the picture that some of them had already disappeared. Anyway, I took some to my parents, some to work and my hubby took some to work too. So far everyone I know of has loved them. I definitely recommend this recipe, just remember - Addictively Delicious!

I had so much fun baking again that I plan to bake some more this coming weekend. It's nice to have a homemade treat and it much more economical then buying premade treats. Not to mention healthier since I control the ingredients. No trans fats in this house.

0 responses: