Friday, October 10, 2008

Jewish Apple Cake Recipe

A recipe for Jewish Apple cake to help you take advantage of all the good deals on apples you can find this time of year. For even more apple recipes, check out Life As Mom's Apple Recipe Swap.

Jewish Apple Cake Recipe

First peel and cut 5-6 apples in chunks about the size of a thimble. Sprinkle in 2 tsp. of cinnamon and 5 tbsp. of sugar. Set aside.

Into a large bowl measure:
3 C Flour
1/4 C Orange Juice
2 C Sugar
3 tsp Baking powder
1 C Cooking oil (I use olive oil)
2 1/2 tsp Vanilla
4 Eggs
1 tsp Salt

Beat these ingredients together until smooth and pour half the batter into a large greased tube cake pan. Arrange half the apple mixture over it. Pour in remaining batter and top with rest of apple mixture.

Place in preheated 350 oven and bake about 90 minutes until done. Remove from pan, let stand on rack to cool.

This recipe is a family favorite. My father has actually been asking for it so I guess I'm going to have to make one soon too.

1 responses:

Krista said...

I found your blog from Life as Mom & just wanted to say that this cake looks yummy. I'm going to try this this weekend!