Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sharing the Plunder

Since I started really getting into finding the deals a few months ago I have built up quite a stash of items that we regularly use. My stash has gotten to the point that my husband has been complaining about it taking over the house. Please note that it isn’t that bad, I do have it contained to closets and the laundry room, but there is a rather large stash for two adults and an infant. Anyway, my husband’s employer has started a collection of personal care items to be sent to the hurricane victims in Texas. When he found out about it he asked if I wanted to give anything. Since we do have so much I was more then willing to donate. I put together a large shopping bag of items that he took in. It felt really good to be able to help people in need like that.

For those of you with a stash, have you ever donated anything? Are you one of those generous souls who makes regular donations to a local charity or homeless shelter?

0 responses: