Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gas Discount Frustrations

In a previous post I mentioned that I had spent enough at Safeway to earn a $0.10 off per gallon of gas. I didn’t know their price per gallon, but I figured that with the $0.10 off it should be at least a few cents cheaper then other gas stations. I decided to stop there yesterday on my way home. Their price was $3.59 so with my discount it would be $3.49. That is the same price that the store near my daughter’s daycare has it without a discount. Since I was already there I figured I would get it anyway.

Well, I couldn’t get the pump to scan my card and without it I wouldn’t get the discount. You can walk in and get help, but then I would have had to get my daughter out of her car seat and go through all of that hassle. I decided it just wasn’t worth it and wound up leaving without getting gas. Tonight I will have to get gas after I pick my daughter up, but at least that station has someone right there to help if there’s a problem and it’s $3.49 without the discount. They are almost always the cheapest place in my driving area to get gas. The really cool part is that I am really close to earning a $0.10 per gallon discount from there too. Now that discount I am excited about.

At this point I’m pretty much done with gas from Safeway. We’ve had problems getting gas there in the past so this incident was pretty much it for me. This is one “discount” that just isn’t worth it for me.

Are there any gas discount programs out there that you have had success or frustrations with?

0 responses: