Friday, May 30, 2008

Frugal Friday

Last night was a pretty good night for us. I had my husband go use a $10 off of $30 coupon at Walgreens. Here is what he got:

2 WAG Formula $13.99 + $6.99 (They were buy 1 get 1 50% off)
2 SAMY Shampoo/Conditioner $11.00
Subtotal $31.98
$10 on $30 coupon
Total after sales tax $22.04
We also got a $5 register reward to use on our next purchase. Not bad for two containers of formula that we needed. The shampoo was just a bonus for me.

Our second stop of the night was at Safeway. They had some really good specials listed in their paper. Of course they didn't have any of them in stock and don't even carry some of the items. It was so bad there that I will never go to that Safeway again and I will be contacting their corporate offices about the experience.

The final stop for the evening was at Weis. I find this to be a much more pleasant store and with better prices in general. This is where we do the bulk of our grocery shopping. We didn't pick up much last night, but I did want to take advantage of their $2 off of milk deal when you buy 2 12 packs of Pop Tarts. Their milk was already on sale for $2.49 so we got a gallon of milk for $0.49 after buying the Pop Tarts which were on sale for 2 for $5.00. I think it's a great deal and it's even sweeter if you have coupons for pop tarts. Even if you don't do the pop tart deal, $2.49 for a gallon of milk is great.

0 responses: